Sunday, August 29, 2010

My blessing of the day

Our truck driver neighbor Bob blessed us today with a bottle of Cascade that had fallen off one of his shipments so the store wouldn't accept it. I almost cried. I know, I know, its a stupid bottle of dish washing soap but money is as tight as ever with 4 kids to feed now and honesty, the boys are about to eat us out of house and home. Granted, its mostly pasta, mangoes and peanut butter sandwiches (not all together), but they are just in that "I have to eat everything is sight because I don't know when I'll get to eat again" stage that all newly adopted kids go through. Plus my vacuum cleaner died yesterday and our glorified sump pump quit last week and backed up sewage into our lower level ($580 to replace the pump and our insurance company said it was a "maintenance" issue so they didn't cover it.) So a $10 bottle of dish washing soap is a great blessing.

Sorry no pictures of the kids lately. I'm realizing that with 4 kids to keep up with, I'm just too tired to take pictures. The boys start playing soccer on Tuesday through a local league so hopefully we'll have some pictures of that. Or maybe not because I have to work that night so Matt will be in charge of all 4 kids at the soccer field. Pretty sure he's not going to feel like taking pictures. But the girls' 5th birthday is Saturday, so I'm sure to have some pictures of that. Ok, I'm rambling now. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy:
The cascade IS a blessing! I love it when our church has leftover food from a dinner and we get to bring it home. Sam is 14 and wears a size 13 shoe,36/32 pants and still eats like the food will not be here tomorrow so I know what you are talking about.Sounds like your boys are doing great.Happy early birthday to the girls!
Leveta--Dillon Mom to Sam 14 and Katrin 11 both from India and Chad 18 bio

Pam said...

One word Amy: COUPONS! If you don't coupon....you should! LOL! Especially with 4 kiddos. I have saved us thousands..literally on our grocery bill the past 3 years.
Who doesn't love free stuff??? Praying for you guys!

Marie said...

I agree!! Praise the LORD!! He provides in various ways!