Thursday, May 26, 2011

Real Courage

I've spoken to so many lately who tell me that parenting kids from hard places was not what they envisioned for themselves, but it has helped them find strength that can only come from the One who can heal all the hurts and pains that our kids come to us with. Parenting is hard. In fact, its the hardest thing I've ever done. But I've learned that I can only parent my kids from hard places by relying on the love of the Father. I am not good enough. I am not nice enough. I am not smart enough. I have to allow Him to flow through my very being or I will fail.

"Today I gaze at my Savior and I know: courage is not the absence of fear.

Courage is to say, “I am afraid,” but walk it anyway. Courage is to stand broken and limping and look into these faces around us, His faces, and say, “Not my will but yours Father.” Courage is to say, “I don’t want to do this,” but to grab tight to a slaughtered Son and let His blood pool in my sin-holes and allow Him to pull me with Him into glory."

http://www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Peter and Nancy said...

I check your blog at least once a month -- your kids are so beautiful, and I just love seeing how God is knitting your family together day by day. Your teachable heart is glorious.
-- Nancy
(Mom to homegrown sons Aaron-10 and Nathan-9; Anya Rashi-4 from India, and waiting for another daughter from India)