Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Break in Indiana

The kids and I are in Indiana visiting the family.  We spent last weekend at my sister Jen's house and she took us to see Grass Is Greenier Meats and Procduce, LLC, which is owned by Jen's friend Toni. It is an organic farm that sells meat and produce.  Totally my dream for one day, but I don't think I can process my own chickens, let alone 80 at a time.

Shelby touching one of the baby ducks

Baby chicks everywhere

Going to see the laying hens


Chloe found an egg on the ground

AJ holding one of the big hens

Essie's turn

Shelby learning "gentle touch" with the hens (and not to pick up chicken poop)

AJ thought it would be a good idea to let the hens eat out of his hands

Jersey calves

Red waddle baby pigs

St. Croix Hair Sheep


No comments: