Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Garden Chicken Run

My Dad reminded me this morning that I hadn't posted info. on the chicken run I've built around my garden. After some research, I decided to extend the "girls" run around the exterior of the garden to help keep the insects down in the garden and give the girls some grassy space.  I only let them out there during the day, since its not predator proof, but it gives them some extra space and I throw all the weeds and kitchen scraps in the A-frame to work as a giant chicken feeder/composter.  After building the A-frame at the far end of the garden, I took chicken wire and made a hoop-type run from one end of the garden to the other. 






Here's the video of the A-frame before I got to connector run done (in case you missed it from last Saturday)



Chloe

Essie

AJ, Essie & Chloe with the Barred Rocks.

No comments: