Thursday, October 13, 2011

Empowered to Parent

I am so excited to be promoting this training that is coming to Lexington (KY) on November 11-12. Based on Dr. Karen Purvis' research, this training incorporates scientific research with Biblical principles to parent our children from "hard places". Dr. Purvis wrote The Connected Child, a book I recommend to all my parents. I attended a conference last month in Nashville with Dr. Purvis and came away so refreshed and full of hope that we can bring complete healing to our kids if we are just willing to alter our parenting style to fit their needs. We have to do our part, go beyond ourselves and the "normal" way of parenting, but we can see dramatic healing in our kids. We have been implimenting many of the things I learned in Nashville in our own family and now we are bringing some of Dr. Purvis' team here to Lexington to do a hands-on training for adoptive parents, teachers, social workers, and therapists. Please check out our website for more information on how to register.

1 comment:

Leveta said...

Amy:
I wish we could hear him. I wonder if there is a chance he might be here in Mo. somewhere. Enjoy your time and I hoep you learn alot of helpful information.
Leveta