Friday, March 9, 2012

Chick Update

Sorry, this is long overdue.  I've had a very busy week!  For all those who don't care about chickens, please just ignore this post and check in with us later.  For those of you who think I'm completely crazy (Matt Kinnell) just ignore all this because its obvious I'm WAY too into these chicks right now. We celebrated the girls' Gotcha Day last night at the Chinese restaurant (b/c we don't have an ET restaurant yet) and the Chinese word in my fortune cookie was "Chicken".  Confirmation, of course, that I'm on the right path.  Anyways, my public (ie my sister Kelly) has been asking how the chicks are, especially after Sunday night when our dog Caesar got a hold of one.  I caught him running up the stairs and all I could see what a chicken foot hanging out of his mouth.  I wasn't sure the chick would survive the night. The poor things was in terrible shock.  But here is what I found on Monday morning...




 


Tuesday Night

Wednesday

Today


Ever since I let the chicks outside on Wednesday, they have really gotten the idea of this whole scavenge thing.   So glad because they will have to work for food, if they want to stay on this homestead.  They will be getting all the table scraps, weeds, and bugs they can handle.  In return, I'm expecting some gorgeous eggs and wonderful compost. 






No comments: