Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Burn-Day 2

So I'm home from church in a quiet house and getting stir crazy. For those of you who just like to look at pictures of my cute kids, you might want to skip this post. My world has revolved around the sensation of someone poking me in the leg with a hot poker in between rounds of Vicodin. We changed the dressing on the burn last night and part of the bandage had adhered to the burn. Worst pain I've had so far was when Matt had to rip the bandage off. It actually doesn't look so bad and no major blisters yet. Praising the Lord things could have been much worse. Mickey and Chloe were both standing next to me and if the firework had hit them, well...I don't want to think about that. Please be careful as I know many of you will be setting off your own fireworks over the next few days. Don't become a statistic like me. =)


My favorite pair of shorts, ruined for good

3 comments:

Scott and Jennifer Schaetzle said...

Again, so sorry but laughing at the posts just the same. I am praying that it heals quickly and that the 4th of July (the actual day) is quiet and uneventful for you. Love ya!!!

Leveta said...

Ouch! I know that had to be some serious pain. Hope you are on the mend soon. I can imagine that it makes sitting for very long very uncomfortable.SO glad it wasn't one of the kids too.
Leveta

Anonymous said...

I hope you are doing better. I know exactly what you are going through not being able to sit well. I am fighting a bad case of ham string tendonitis and ishael(sp) bursitis (those bones you sit on) It has involved much therapy(5 months) but I think that I can see the light in the tunnel. Love and pray for you all.
Aunt Karen