Monday, May 31, 2010

Court Cases

Our cases did not pass court today because the Ministry of Women's Affairs (MOWA) letters approving our adoptions were not present. I've seen this happen with some other cases so it's not a new phenomenon. It just means a piece of paper didn't get filed in time. Our older boys' birth relative also could not be found to appear in court, so even if the letters would have been there, his case would not have passed. Because our boys are not biologically related, they are processed as 2 separate cases. We are of course disappointed and are waiting to hear about our new court date. Thank you for all your prayers. Please pray now that we get a new court date quickly. We've been down this road before as we had 4 court dates with the girls. Sometimes our next court date was 10 days later and sometimes it was 6 weeks later. We'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi:
I am Leveta.An Mom to Chad 17 (bio)
Sam 14 and Kaitrin 11 both adopted from India through Dillon International.I read your blog through Pam (Micah's Mom) also a Dillon India mom.I wanted you to know that I think your girls are So adorable and I have been praying about your adoption process with your new children.Our Sam was older (9) when he came home so if I could be of any help in any way,please let me know.You can email me at rayswithhim@centurytel.net
Leveta

Jennifer said...

So sorry, praying that the next court date is soon.

Julie said...

Praying for a quick court date!!!!!:( So sorry.

Myra said...

sorry Amy....I know your not shocked, but I had soooo hoped! Next time!!! Cyber hugs your way!