Thursday, February 26, 2009

And so it begins...

Laundry...it's never been my favorite activity. It's not that I don't mind throwing it into the washer. I find that therapeutic. A big basket of dirty clothes and then POOF, you just throw it into the washer and no more dirty clothes. It's really just the folding that gets me. Matt's not a folder either so we always end up with a basket full of wrinkly clothes sitting around. That's if they make it out of the dryer. And now I'm realizing with 2 little ones on the way, how much more laundry children bring into the equation. I feel bad even complaining when I think about the ladies at the transition home or orphanage who have to wash all the children’s' clothes by hand and throw them over something outside to let them dry. But it’s just one of those things that you don't think about when you decide to start a family. So in preparation for leaving to get the girls, the endless cycle of laundry has begun. Oh, and to top that off, yesterday Caesar was sitting on the couch next to me and threw up all over my blanket. I know, I know, he's just getting me ready for kids. So I ran and threw the blanket into the washer and came back to sit down. Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I sat down; he threw up again all over the couch. Back I ran to get cleaning supplies. The great things about dogs are they tend to clean up their own vomit (I know, I know, TOO much information). Hopefully kids don't do that.
"Holy Crap! What is all that?" words spoken by my dear husband when I walked by carrying the first load of clean clothes for the girls.

My good husband folding the girls' clothes.

The girls' suitcase all packed and ready to go

No comments: