Monday, June 10, 2013

Odds and Ends

We finished school this year on a high note as all three children will be moving up a grade next year.  Holding them back this year was not an easy decision, but it was the best for them in the end.  Each one has matured tremendously this year and while reading is still a struggle, all 3 have made great strides.

Kids showing ribbons and medals from Field Day at their school

As soon as school was out, the kids started attending day camp through our town's Parks & Rec. (LOVE IT!)  The first week of camp was track & field week and Essie won the long distance race for the girls her age and came in 3rd place against all the girls (grade 1-5).  I told her she's going to be the next Flo-Jo, whom of course she didn't know, but after a quick search on Yo*tube, Essie is now training to be an Olympic runner (ok, maybe not, but she was impressed with Flo-Jo). 

August 15, 2012

 
May 30, 2013

I had to take this picture for Matt.  He beamed with pride when I showed it to him. He is one of the biggest Indiana Jones fans I know and now he's turning his children into fans also.  I had asked Chloe to come help me outside and this is what I found. 

Chloe & Essie looking all grown up
June 9, 2013

No comments: