Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Little Homestead Update

It's been a while since I've posted.  Sorry about that! I kinda hibernate during January.  I just hate the cold weather! We did have a break and had a day that was 60 degrees!  I took the opportunity to spend some time with my ladies!  The day after this video, we had a high of 37 degrees.  (Typical KY weather)

I've spent this winter making as much compost as possible to get my garden off to a great start come spring!

I left a recycled window over my strawberry plants this winter and guess what? I ate 3 strawberries in December and have harvested 2 in January.
They were so yummy!

Can you see it?

Also this week, I started my tomato plants.  They aren't up yet, but trust me, there are at least 50 seeds planted in my flats.  I'll post a pic as soon as they are up!

I can't wait for spring!!!




No comments: