Wednesday, January 30, 2013

100th Day of School

Today was the 100th day of school for this year.  Essie begged me to make a t-shirt for them last night as we were scarfing supper before piano lessons.  I reminded her that telling me the night before an event that you would like something made is not really helpful.  Daddy came to the rescue though when he remembered we had some fabric paint leftover from writing names on Christmas stockings.  He even did the writing on the t-shirts (since his handwriting is so much better then mine).  The girls were thrilled and even found t-shirts that had stains on them already so it didn't matter if we wrote on them. (I'm raising thrifty kids.)


I found this pic of the girls from 2 years ago on the 100th day-
they've grown just a bit!

The girls also completed their first Level 1a piano book.  While piano practice times have been a stress for me, they are doing very well.  I just break out in a cold sweat every time I hear myself yelling "that's a B flat" and flashbacks of my mother saying the same thing to me as a child flood my mind.


I had the girls practice their note recognition and Essie proudly declared she had written a new song.  I couldn't convince her this was not the real tune to Jesus Loves Me but it was so cute, I saved it for her memory folder. 



No comments: