Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Travel Update

Our paperwork is being submitted to the US Embassy tomorrow. In theory, that means Matt should be leaving on Aug. 9th to get the boys (a week from Monday!). But the embassy has been pulling random cases for further investigation. If our cases are pulled, this could seriously delay the boys coming home because the embassy will ask for further documentation. This is an issue because the boys' villages are 14 and 12 hours from Addis Ababa. It just creates a headache logistically. Since it took 3 months to get the needed documentation from Isaiah's village to even get our case submitted to the Ethiopian courts, we are asking everyone to pray that the embassy accepts our paperwork, without further delay. We should know tomorrow if we are able to travel or if we will be delayed. We'll keep you posted!

p.s. Rejoicing with our friends the Waggoners (http://www.waggoner.blogspot.com/) today at the finalization of their son's adoption from Albania. The process is a bit different in Albania so they will have to make a 2nd trip to pick him up, but he's officially a Waggoner! YAY! Another orphan has been redeemed.

3 comments:

Buffina said...

How long will Matt be gone if he gets to leave on the 9th?

Amy said...

He'd leave ET on the 13th, be home the 14th-quick trip.

The Waggoners said...

Praying you overcome this next hurdle. Wow! April 14th!!! That would be AMAZING! They wouldn't miss much school at all!