Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Labor Day Weekend Away


Matt & I both celebrated 20 years since we graduated from high school this year. My (Amy) class was a bit late with the celebrating but we took advantage of the long, holiday weekend to travel north to Fairfield Jr/Sr High School.

Getting ready!

All plugged in and ready to leave town 
(which was a bit impeded due to endless rain from the remnants of Hurricane Harvey)

 We were a bit sparse in numbers for our Class of '97 tailgate party at Fairfield's football game, but the food was great and it was fun to watch a high school football game as a family.  I hadn't been back to the grounds of my high school in 20 years (even though I drive by it on my way to my Mom's house).

 Class of '97 was better represented on Saturday night when we gathered at a local restaurant.
It was fun to see old friends and catch up on everyone's lives.

 The weather was beautiful all weekend which meant the cousins spent lots of time outside.  Caleb (age 4) did not want to be left out of the big kids fun and they all did great to include him.






Caleb capped off the evening by entertaining us all with his football skills.  The look on his face as he ran down to score a touchdown had us all in stitches.  He then showed off his celebration skills.






No comments: